#OOTD for August 14, 2014
As the summer draws to a close (say it ain’t so!) and our legislative session has long since ended, things around my government office have become a bit more casual. Still, I like to look polished and put together, despite this new relaxed dress code. I really love the outfit I wore today.
I started with this super cute linen top from Old Navy. I really love this piece because it is so lightweight, but the collar really makes it look put together. And the tie at the bottom adds a bit of visual interest.
I love the vibrant color of my coral cardigan, also from Old Navy. And it came in handy today; I think Boston may have trumped Chicago as the Windy City this morning!
On bottom I wore these ankle cut trousers that I recently purchased (on sale!) from Nautica. I really like them! I mean, they’re navy, why wouldn’t I? But I would advise getting a size down, as they do stretch and don’t have belt loops. I’m thinking of having them taken in at the waist.
For shoes I wore these comfy tan and silver flats from Burlington Coat Factory. And yes, I did wear these ugly socks with them. Sue me. All you’ll be left with is your pretention and I’ll have dry, blister-free feet. So who’s the real winner here?
Because one always needs to be punctual in the professional world, I wore my Anne Klein watch along with this simple Alex and Ani compass bracelet.
On my nails, I wore Essie’s ‘Muchi, Muchi.’ I recently had a tumblr follower ask me about what sort of nail color to wear in a professional setting and I recommended neutrals, but I can definitely see how this pastel pink can look cute but still professional.
I finished off the look with some pearl studs and I was ready to go!
I hope you guys liked this look. Thanks so much for reading!
What’s your business casual essential? What does your work dress code look like? What did you think of my look? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Hey girlies! While the end of July brings us one step closer to going back to school, (eek!) I thought I’d take this opportunity to show you some of the things I’ve been lovng this month!
1. I have spent every possible moment in my new Sperry’s! The flower cutouts are so cute and you can’t beat the comfort of boat shoes. Plus, I got them on sale at Nordstrom! Score!
2. I recently purchased a trial size of both Benefit’s High Beam illuminator and Posie tint. I’ve been absolutely loving Posie! It gives a bright, yet natural flush. I’ve also been using it on my lips and finishing off with a Burt’s Bees lip balm.
3. I recently purchased this oxford, the J. Crew Stretch Classic, from J. Crew Factory. I love the fit of it! It works perfectly even for bustier girls, like me. I bought mine in mint, which I really like. But it appears to be unavailable. The shirt pictured is in aqua.
4. I’ve been snacking on (re: hoarding) these yummy cookies from CVS. They’re soft baked brownie cookies (YUM!) with white chocolate chips. Though I typically don’t like white chocolate, these are to die for!
5. Finally, I’ve been loving these oil absorbing sheets, also from CVS. I have a long walk to work in the morning and I’m usually more than a little oily by the time I get to the office. These babies really get the job done, and at only a fraction of the cost of the similar Clean and Clear product!
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? What are your July favorites? Let me know in the comments below!
#OOTD For a Family Party!
Hi girlies! So, today I went to the local Italian festival with my sister and parents for some yummy cannolis. Then, we went to my aunt’s surprise 50’th birthday party at their lake house. I love this outfit I picked out!
I started out with these cute shorts from Vineyard Vines. I love the bright green color, and the navy whales are adorable!
I paired the shorts with this navy tee-shirt from the J. Crew Factory Store.
I really love the anchor embroidery on the pocket. The threading is very thick, so the anchor really stands out.
To keep warm by the water I added this denim jacket from J. Crew. I really love the stitching on this piece.
BONUS! It also has a handy hidden pocket on the inside. Perfect for those days when you really don’t want to carry a purse.
For jewelry I added this monogram necklace from Burlington Coat Factory. The chain is starting to rust after about a year of wear, but at only around $6 this buy was definitely worth it.
I also wore these bracelets to add a bit more bling. The white enamel bangle is from a local boutique and reads “Dress like Jackie, Act like Audrey, Party like Gatsby.” I’ve gotten so many comments on it! This piece is a definite conversation starter. The Alex and Ani bracelet was a gift from my mom. I like wearing this depiction of the Boston skyline when I’m at school, just in case I get a little homesick.
And of course I wore my pearl studs, because I don’t think I’m physically capable of leaving the house without them.
I finished off this look with these adorable angelfish Sperry’s with flower cutouts. These have definitely been my favorite pair of shoes this summer. They’re just so comfy and cute!
And here’s the finished outfit! I love the way it turned out!
What did you think of my outfit? What is your go to summer clothing item? What have you been up to this summer? Let me know in the comments!